Yesterday we had a very short class because then there was a celebration for Teachers' Day...
We finished dealing with SLA and we started focusing on Learning Styles. Remember I gave you an activity to do on Cook's chapter 8.
Also, we organized the presentations... remember the dates are "likely dates"...
- 1/10 Teaching Strategies and Vocabulary - Andrea (Oxford chapters 3 and 5, Cook chapter 3, Ur chapters 3 and 5)
- 8/10 Mistakes and Feedback - Natalia (Brown chapter 8, Ur chapter 17)
- 15/10 Teaching Receptive Skills - Sabrina (Cook chapter 7, Ur chapters 8 and 10)
- 22/10 Teaching Productive Skills - Daiana (Cook, chaper 5, Ur chapters 9 and 11)
- 29/10 Teaching Pronunciation - Marisol (Cook chapter 5)
- the presentations should be between 90 and 120 minutes long.
- you must use visual aids (usins TIC devices is highly recommended)
- you must present some theory and you must prepare practice for your classmates.
- you don't need to explain all the theory from the chapters mentioned above; your classmates also have the material, and they must read it.
- it's highly advisable to consult other sources
- make your class/presentation interesting, lively, entertaining and memorable... do not just read from your slides...
- let me know about any doubts you have... in advance!